Kevin had already started in Soundtrap by adding several tracks like voice, drums, bass, sax and guitar.
First thing I did was to listen a couple of times to the song and think of how I could sing along with Kevin.
Then I recorded my first voice track with the Dictaphone app on my iPhone while listening to Kevin singing on my computer’s headphones.
After that I recorded a second part, again by using the combination of playing Kevin’s song on my computer/headphones and singing into my iPhone.
I mixed the two tracks in Audacity to check whether I was singing in key in an acceptable way. I added some reverb to the dictaphone recordings to make it sound a little better.
After that I copied the second part voice track and made Audacity put it into notes wich are 4 half notes lower than the original. Thus I created a third part which followed the second part yet sounded a bit lower in tune.
I liked the harmony of the second part and third part yet I missed the feeling of a group of people singing together. Since the tracks were copies, they were too much in sync with each other.
I changed this in Audacity by dragging the third part track a little out of sync of the second part. When I played it now, it sounded more like two people singing together.
I uploaded all the tracks to Soundtrap and put the parts into sync with Kevin’s singing.
To finish it, I added a simple string track to the song using the online instrument that’s provided by Soundtrap.